The Glass Is Half Full

It's been over a month since I posted about being overwhelmed and things have been looking up! I've still had some moments of holy-crap-will-I-ever-reach-the-end but I've been chipping away at my list and (mostly) sticking to my resolution of not adding more tasks to my too long To Do list. Here's a nice bulleted list of what was featured in my previous post:
I've knocked a couple more things off that list, some of which don't really require a full post. We'll consider this a little check-in.

I worked on my napkin rings, purchased from Goodwill for a few dollars. I tried several methods to remove the glue and gunk. Everything from reheating the glue to soaking it in a solution of alcohol. Honestly, nothing really worked for me so I had to scrap this project. It may have been a fail but I feel better about it. It isn't hanging over my head as ONEMORETHING to do and I didn't waste any more time on a project I didn't think was that important. I didn't really need these napkin rings. Sometimes you just gotta cut your losses.


No go for these babies.

I turned a curtain I bought from World Market into a pillow, which currently adds a little extra support to my desk chair. I have plenty of fabric leftover so we'll see what I do with it! Sorry, but I don't see a link for this curtain online. Check your local store!


The napkins were inspired from a post on kirtsy.com. The project itself was a success. I spent an afternoon making some really cool dyed napkins in different colors. It was a simple DIY. Until I forgot one step. After you make the napkins, you are supposed to throw them in the dryer to set the ink. Yeah. . . I forgot to do that before I washed them. Womp womp. They are now faded and not so pretty.

Before the catastrophic incident.

I haven't decided if I want to redo this project or not. It's easy but very time consuming.

Let's have another look at that list, shall we?

Seven out of eleven tasks completed and blogged about! More good news = I've finished the paw print ornaments, office light feature, and I'm near completion on my paint chip art. Posts coming soon! The dining room light feature plans are still evolving, so I'll get it done when I make up my mind. Let's hope that is soon.

Wow. I'm feeling a lot better looking at all those strikes. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that I can go from a too long to do list to a pretty much finished list in about a month. Granted, there will always be something to do but I feel like I can handle it because, well. . .I did it!

No comments

Back to Top